Our Helper Network
- the German Doctors e.V. is a founding member of the umbrella organisation of “Development Policies of German Non-governmental Organisations” (VENRO),
- the German Doctors e.V. is an associated member of the “Alliance Development Aid Works”, which is an association of ten aid organisations that coordinate emergency aid in catastrophic situations,
- a member of Action Against AIDS Germany, which is an association of more than 100 member organisations and about 280 basic groups combatting the global HIV epidemic,
- the German Doctors e.V. is a member of Jubilee Germany, which campaigns for cancellation of foreign debts in impoverished countries, which have accrued by disregarding international legal standards and hinder internationally agreed development goals, and
- the German Doctors e.V. is a member of the working group “Learning and Helping Abroad” (AKLHÜ), which is the central service center for stakeholders in development cooperation and the public interest in development politics.
- The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation Humanitarian Prize is awarded annually to a charitable NGO for an extraordinary contribution to alleviating human suffering. Created in 1996, the prize of $1.5 million is the world’s highest prize money in this field. The German Doctors was among the finalists for the first time in 2009. The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation also gave us a grant of $100,000 for our general work, and we used it for our project in Calcutta.
- In 2008, the German Doctors was awarded the Else Kröner Fresenius Award for Medical Humanitarian Aid in recognition of its many years of work in Calcutta. The award is endowed with €70,000.
- In rankings for the Transparency Award, we achieved 81% in 2008 for our excellent reporting (2007: 68%). Out of 55 organisations, we were among just 17 which achieved between 80% and 100%. “Within the framework of the transparency prize, the German Doctors was distinguished for high-quality reporting in 2008.”